Before the pandemic, it was difficult for HR departments to manage the Family Medical Leave Act (FMLA). Today, added policies like the Families First Coronavirus Response Act have made tracking and compliance a daunting task.
Here are three reasons to consider outsourcing leave management:
1. Compliance and Legislation
In the state of New Jersey alone, there have been over 200 new regulations added due to Covid19.
Failure to comply can result in financial penalties yet tracking local laws alongside federal provisions is almost impossible. Outsourcing provides you with the peace of mind that your organization is compliant and you can make good business decisions around leave requests.
2. Tracking and Administration
Organizations that self administer family leave have higher rates of misuse as it is difficult to manage intermittent leaves and validate the reasons for the requested leave.
An SHRM study found that 40% of HR Professionals approved FMLA requests that they believed were not legitimate due to inadequate tracking and documentation.
Quantum Strategies offers a leave management software solution that integrates across your existing technology ecosystem is a must in today’s turbulent environment.
3. Reduction of costs
- A recent study conducted by Guardian Absence Management found that 42% of employers who outsourced their leave administration reduced their overall costs.
- Additionally, the reduction or elimination of federal penalties for non-compliance is significant.
- The number of FMLA-related lawsuits has increased steadily over the past ten years. Properly managing and tracking the leave management program reduces legal liability and costs.
In this situation, outsourcing just makes sense! If you have any questions or would like to speak with a member of our team to discuss your current situation and potential options, please submit your request to Info@QS2500.com.